Saturday, February 21, 2009

StormEye



Preparing to enter StormEye.




Hello dear readers.  I have found a beautiful installation located 500 meters above the NMC Campus' Aho Museum.

StormEye is the result of the collaborative work of Desdemona Enfield and Douglas Story.  I was fortunate enough to meet and converse with Desdemona beneath the virtual glow of Second Life's full moon.  It did not take much to get Desdemona to tell me about herself and her work.  Desdemona's principal skills are in scripting, though she also adds to the visual design of the pieces she and Douglas work on.

Desdemona Enfield

How do I make a brief entry while still doing justice to the beauty of the installation?  Perhaps images, each worth a thousand words, would be of better use in this case.


At the entrance.



Get yourself an umbrella, compliments of Bryn Oh.



Inside the funnel, with blotto Epsilon.


The inner chamber, which Desdemona referred to as the eye of the
storm, during a peaceful moment.
SweetlySo Gealach enjoys the calm within.


The inner chamber during the storm.
Pluton Karas, sundhi Joubert, and SweetlySo Gealach.


Outside the piece with sundhi Joubert.


Relaxing with Bill Friis.

Everyone is invited to visit StormEye on Saturday, February 21, from 2-4 pm SLtime, for a celebration including ballroom dancing hosted by dj Naydee McGettigan.  I won't be able to attend, so I ask you, dear reader, if you attend the celebration, or whenever you experience StormEye, would you be so kind as to leave me a note abou it?

I have been struggling to stave off sleep.  I wanted to finish this short entry before retiring for the evening.  I hope it is not disjointedly structured.

Until next time, take care of yourselves and each other.

Remember, comments are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Pluton Karas

No comments:

Post a Comment