Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Virtual Ability in the News

Hello everyone.  I just read an interview with Gentle Heron, president of Virtual Ability Inc., in the Second Life newspaper.  Gentle Heron talks of the further expansion of Virtual Ability with its affiliation to Cape Able, an organization dedicated to providing resources for the hearing impaired in Second Life.

Two of the exciting updates are an art gallery featuring works by deaf and other disabled artists, and a Service Center with resources for the hearing impaired and anyone interested in learning more about the deaf community.  I ran into one of Gentle Heron's old friends, Norse Writer, who was kind enough to pose with me for this picture inside the Service Center.

An official Grand Opening celebration will take place on Sunday, February 22, from 2 to 6 pm SLT.  Unfortunately I won't be able to attend.  If you visit please drop me a note about the event, or if you post about it send me a link.

Take care.

Pluton Karas

No comments:

Post a Comment